This little family took the word "busy" to a whole new level this week!! It was Isabelle's last week of school (hurray!) and she was able to enjoy some pretty amazing events to celebrate the end of first grade including an ice cream social and a carnival. She also went to her last dance class before performing in her dance recital next weekend. Shawn, on the other hand, began his first week of summer school. He was busy buying books, registering for classes, and completing his financial aid applications. Brees started eating solid foods, or not eating them, actually. This topic deserves its very own post, but let's just say she is NOT buying it. I worked three 12 hour shifts at the hospital and cared for some very interesting characters including a man who was convinced we were imprisoning him in an Iraqi refugee camp and a woman who blew spit bubbles at me every time I got too close. Through all of this craziness, we still managed to meet up on the couch each night, talking about our days and catching up on long awaited hugs. The most beautiful and amazing part of my day is coming home to my family, leaving the world and all its distractions behind and basking in what's most important.
Now that we've accomplished all that, here's what I'm dreaming about for this lovely, well-deserved weekend with my family:
- Celebrate Isabelle's birthday with her long awaited birthday party, complete with a water slide and cupcake cake
- Start reading the next book on my summer reading list and blog about the lovely book I just finished
- Continue working on our patio renovation project
- Take a nice, long bike ride by the lake
- Sit down with Shawn and make a detailed, practical list of home improvement projects we hope to complete this summer
Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace.