Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reflection

In lieu of the holiday weekend, The Girlfriend Guide is on hiatus this week.  We will, however, be back next week with all our girlfriend love and cheer.  For now, it is off to work I go, trading my Mama cape for the role of high intensity critical care nurse!  And while yelling phrases such as "Code Blue!!  Get the crash cart and start bagging him!" or "I need two amps of Epinephrine, stat!", my heart will be dreaming of moments like this...
Nothing makes me happier than bare feet in fresh clover, the smell of the lilacs next to the front porch, the sing song tune of the blue jays flying in and out of the barn, the sight of my family relaxing under the hundred year old oak tree.  When I feel tired or stressed or frustrated with life, these are the thoughts I fill my mind with.  These are the things that are real, that make life worth living.  I think of the serenity I feel when I turn my face to the warmth of the sun and inhale the sweet morning air, and I smile.  I smile and feel my soul shine as I count my blessings and rest in the peace I have been graced with.
May we always remember to embrace simplicity, to see the beauty in everyday things, to hear positive words even when they are scarce.  May we enjoy each day for what it is and make it the best it can possibly be.

1 comment:

alicia said...

Just beautiful! Great reminder for this Tuesday morning!