Thursday, May 19, 2011

Read With Me

My sweet friend just sent me this amazing book and I MUST share it with you!!
This book is filled with practical, cost efficient advice on how to be a modern day domestic goddess.  It includes party planning ideas, gardening tips, and cooking essentials.  There's a fabulous section devoted to making your home your own personal space, a comfortable yet efficient environment that is all your own.  I love this book because it teaches the everyday woman to live sensibly while also protecting the environment.  Kate gives great ideas for reducing and reusing items in your home or thrift store finds I had never previously thought of.
I bought these antique Mason jars at a local estate sale.  They remind me so much of my grandmother and those long summers we used to spend together in her kitchen, canning homegrown vegetables and jams.  The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking inspired me to pull these beauties out and use them as canisters for my cooking spices.  They are perfect storage containers at a great price and are also pleasing to the eye.  
This book is such a great resource to have in your home, as well as an interesting read.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OooOOo this looks good! (both the book, and your mason jars!)

I will def keep an eye out for the book (and some jars of my own)...

best,
Sylvia

Ed said...

Oooh, this sounds like a great book! I'm sooo not a domestic goddess :p

Cassie said...

I love old mason jars! Definitely a little nostalgic.

I will definitely have to keep a look out for that book. Just found your blog and I am so excited that I did. Cant wait to follow ya!

Sylvia C. Hall said...

OooOOo this looks good! (both the book, and your mason jars!)

I will def keep an eye out for the book (and some jars of my own)...

best,
Sylvia