Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slow Down

Today marks the beginning of EIGHT glorious days off work!!!  I can not even tell you how excited I am to spend a whole week with no rushing, no agendas, no obligations.  This little vacation is for nothing in particular except for the fact that I really have been feeling needed at home.  Shawn's semester is coming to a close this week and he has been so stressed with finals and last minute projects.  It's time for Mama to be here full-time, taking care of everyone and reassuring this little tribe that all is well.  So, home I am and happy for it.  I plan to catch up on housework, cook my loves their favorite dishes, catch up on my neglected scrapbooks and journals, volunteer at Belle's school on Friday, and host a beautiful Mother's Day dinner on Sunday for our extended family.
And a whole lotta this, too...
Sometimes in life, we just have to listen to our hearts and know when to take a break, when to refocus our energy and make adjustments in our daily routines.  When to be there for those who need us, when to put the people we hold most dear first in line on our priority lists.  Work will always be there, but today, it's all about the slow down.

3 comments:

che'lyssa said...

I agree with you! Great post.

Thank you for stopping by Lily Love. You've got a lovely blog here :)
xo Che'Lyssa

christine donee said...

That is an adorable photo.

christine donee said...

That is an adorable photo.