Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love

This past weekend, Shawn and I went out for our first post-baby date! Oh, what a lovely evening it was! After four and a half months of hibernating away and filling our hearts with the love of these little girls, it was time for a night to ourselves.

We went to our favorite sushi restaurant and took our sweet time eating plate after plate of delicious fare (breast-feeding friendly options for Mama). We got to eat with TWO hands, while the food was still hot, and have uninterrupted conversation. How long it has been!! We only stayed out for two hours, but it was the most wonderful two hours we have spent together as a couple in a long time.

How I love you, my darling husband. We have walked hand in hand for almost twelve years now and I can honestly say that I am more in love with you now than I could have ever imagined. You are my best friend, my most trusted confidant. I love you, I respect you, I admire you. Thank you for giving me two of the most beautiful little girls. Thank you for committing to make this life the best it can be. I look forward to more sushi dates, more nights on the couch, dancing in the kitchen, little girl bath time, sitting on the front porch, being free. Together.

No comments: