Thursday, December 22, 2011

Building

Every year since Isabelle was 2 years old, we've gathered around our kitchen
table, constructed and decorated our very own gingerbread house.  I will be the first to
admit that I am not a crafty mama, I wouldn't even know how to begin baking my
own gingerbread much less making pieces suitable for house construction.  Instead, I pick
up a ready made kit on my way home from work and we set to work putting the
pieces together.  Isabelle looks forward to this tradition more than any other and I
usually save it for a few days before Christmas.  This year, she decorated the entire house
all by herself after a little help from Daddy with the roof.  She gave her baby sister bites
of icing under the table and made Shawn and I our own special cookie adorned with
gumdrops which we happily munched on for our midnight snack.  I love that, as she
gets older, she is embracing the traditions we have been setting into motion since our
little family began a few short years ago.
We are building memories while building these houses.


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great tradition!!

Anonymous said...

I love your tradition! You give the girls many memories to remember all their lives.........and the house is beautiful, you want to keep it always!

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

i really love your little family. every picture that you post just oozes with the love you guys have for each other. it's so awesome.

Renee said...

What a fantastic tradition!! Isabelle's looking so grown up!! I love the last pic of the 2 of them!!