Sunday, March 6, 2011

Project 31 is taking me longer than 31 days, but I'm still doing it! It's hard to blog after a 12 hour shift at the hospital, so my 31 days may end up being more like 70 days. Regardless, taking time out of your day to reflect and meditate on positive thoughts is a worthwhile experience no matter how long it takes.

Day 5. Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.

Thank you. Thank you to the three people in my life who love me unconditionally and make my heart come more alive everyday.

Since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being married to a man who was not only the love of my life, but who was my best friend. I dreamed of having lots of babies and creating our own little family, starting our own generations of love. My own parents divorced when I was three and so for most of my childhood, it was just Mama, my baby brother, and me. We never had a shortage of love between us, always made the best of every day. And I wanted that with my own family, all of that love and then some.

And somehow, even though I still question how deserving I am for all of these blessings, somehow I have it. A man who believes in me and pushes me to be the best I can be. Two beautiful daughters who inspire me and fill my life with purpose and love.

We have a sign hanging in our kitchen that reads, "All because two people fell in love..." My heart sings everyday for what we have created together. We work so hard everyday to build a life that is full of love and meaning and purpose. And we are blessed beyond belief. Even on our hardest days, through our darkest times, we are blessed because we have each other.

And my heart and soul are singing.

No comments: