Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Girl Power


Project 31

Day 7. Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.

There are so many beautiful, strong women in my life who encourage me everyday and inspire me to be a better person. I wonder if they give themselves credit for how beautiful they are? I wonder how many times a day they feel down and don't realize how special they are?

In the last two years, I have watched so many of my girlfriends and family members go through some very difficult times. Divorces, break-ups, depression, addiction, low self esteem, financial difficulties. I have seen some of the women in my life fall to their knees, lose all hope, forget who they are. We have cried on each other's shoulders, prayed for peace of mind, hoped for better times.

And I have watched them grow because of it. And I have grown because of it. Through these hardships, we have come out stronger, more courageous women. We have redefined who we are, grown closer in our relationships with each other, refocused our energies on more productive efforts.

I have learned so much these last two years about what it means to be a true friend. This thing we call life is not always beautiful. It can be a hard row to hoe, as my grandmother used to say. But I have learned that in the face of sadness and trying times, hold your head up high, remember who you are, what you stand for. Look around you and count your blessings and consider your hardships as lessons to be learned. Wear them as badges of honor and courage. We may not be perfect, but we were perfectly made. We all have an individual purpose and countless gifts just waiting to be shared.

Thank you to the beautiful women in my life for inspiring me and filling me with so much love and support.


No comments: