Thursday, November 8, 2012

Currently


Currently...

Anticipating...the weekend!  Two whole glorious days off to spend with my favorite 
people doing our favorite things: playing outdoors, napping, watching football, and cooking.  
I have taken to cooking at least 2 large meals on Sundays: one to eat for Sunday dinner 
with leftovers for Monday and another meal to freeze.  I was unsure how I could pull off 
that much cooking in one day but, with the proper amount of planning, it has actually 
worked out really great.  It saves me so much time during the week and it does my 
heart good to look inside my freezer and pull out a yummy, nutritious meal.  
Buying...a few winter wardrobe staples.  I purchased this pair of boots in black yesterday
and I am giddy over them.  I am short, only 5'3", with muscular legs.  I have always had 
hard time finding boots that fit my firm calf muscles.  Most boots I've tried are too 
tight and uncomfortable and don't look very flattering on my short frame.  But I 
wandered into JCPenney to stock up on some Sephora goods and eyed this pair of boots 
from a distance.  They are comfortable, fit perfectly, and were reasonably priced.  
I'm thinking of buying them in brown as well...
Needing...to get back into the gym.  It has been so long since I've been that I'm 
actually embarrassed to admit it to myself.  My constant search for balance is always
putting Shawn and the girls and our house and work at the forefront, my own
personal health has taken a backseat these last few months.  I want to head back to the
gym BEFORE the holidays, dropping a few extra pounds before the turkeys and pies
and stuffings come marching through with a vengeance.
Ignoring...Facebook and the multitude of ignorant, racist, uneducated posts that
have clogged up my newsfeed since the election results were announced.  Reading some
of the things people have posted honestly makes me lose my faith in humanity just a
little bit.  But then I remember these words spoken by our president on the eve of
his reelection, I hold tight to the memory of my husband and I watching the results
and sharing in a historic moment, I treasure the feeling of hope and enthusiasm I felt
when I woke up this morning to an America that is moving forward.  These words, they
are the words worth reading, not those on Facebook:
"These arguments we have are a mark of our liberty. We can never forget that, as we
speak, people in distant nations are risking their lives right now just for a chance to
argue about the issues that matter, the chance to cast their ballots like we did today.
But despite all our differences, most of us share certain hopes for America’s future.
We believe in a generous America, in a compassionate America, in a tolerant America,
open to the dreams of an immigrant’s daughter who studies in our schools and pledges to
our flag...I believe we can seize this future together because we are not as divided as
our politics suggests. We’re not as cynical as the pundits believe. We are greater than
the sum of our individual ambitions, and we remain more than a collection of red states
and blue states. We are and forever will be the United States of America."
President Barrack Obama
HK


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

5 comments:

Deanna Fike said...

man. if i had facebook i know i would have had to delete my account this week. i understand everyone has a right to their own opinions, but name calling is ridiculous. one single tweet or facebook update is NOT going to change anyone's opinion.


on a happier note...those boots are awesome!

marie said...

It's crazy how people can react sometime - We all have the right to have our opinions but I think there is a way to express it.
Anyway your words are always well chosen Liv' and I love reading you. Brees is gorgeous in this outfit and your boots are a Must Have!!


Take care. xx

Sharisse Lopez said...

I have to try and trade-in my daughters too small clothing for more appropriate winter clothing today. This winter came on fast and is apparently going to be a brutal one!

Vanessa said...

We are definitely on the same page today with our posts (why am I not surprised?!). Today I've already read three news articles with ridiculous comments underneath them. I don't know why I scroll down to read people's reactions ... I can't help myself, I guess. Maybe it's just in my nature to have a pulse on how others feel, but I definitely think I should stop doing this because I, too, lose faith in humanity when I come across people who casually spew hate-laden messages.

Erin (Charlie Foxtrot) said...

I have the same issue when it comes to finding boots too, my calves are too big and then it's a nightmare trying to find boots that I actually like!



Luckily my FB feed hasn't been overwhelming like yours, I lack patience when it comes to ignorance and end up unfriending people for their crappy views. You don't need to be bonbarded with that!


Also, I would totally come to New Orleans in a heart beat! It's one of a few destinations that Raimund and I have actually discussed. I'm pretty intrigued with Cajun and Creole culture, as well as the hauntings down there, and our love of the architecture. One day!