Friday, March 15, 2013

Sweet Friday


Dear Friday,
I thought you might never get here.  Since I was on call last weekend, I have been working
for 12 days straight.  My body actually played a practical joke on me on Wednesday and 
made me think that it was Friday THEN.  Dude, I was pissed when I realized the week was 
only half over.  I am tired, grumpy, and in desperate need of a nap.  You got here just in time.
Shawn and I are leaving this afternoon for a weekend long spiritual retreat.  To say that we
are excited is an understatement.  We are ecstatic!  A whole weekend for the two of us to
just focus on quieting our minds and filling our hearts with new and inspiring ideas: it is
exactly what we need right now.  The retreat will take place about an hour from our house on
a beautiful, secluded piece of property nestled deep in the woods.  The timing of this
retreat could not be more perfect: after a year of deep rooted trauma and tragedy, the
passing of a good friend, and preparing for our new baby, this will give us an opportunity
to release all the emotions we have been gathering along the way, to process everything
that has happened and hopefully close this chapter of our lives, preparing us to move
forward as a stronger, more connected and grounded pair.  With hearts open, hands
bound together, off we go...


1 comment:

Vanessa said...

TGIF indeed! Have a great weekend. Hope you come back feeling super recharged and refreshed. :-)