Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stats: Month Five

040-1

River at five months:

Sleeping:  River takes around three naps a day: morning, afternoon, late afternoon/evening.  His morning nap is the longest, around 2 1/2 hours, the other naps are a little shorter.  He is still sleeping through the night with roughly a 7 pm bedtime.  On weekends, when I don't have to wake him up to nurse him before I go to work, he sleeps until 8 or 9.  This month, he started waking up for a feeding around 9-10 pm and then had a hard time going back to sleep, instead staying up and hanging out with us for an hour or so.  We brought him to bed with us, watched late night TV, read books, just hung out.  Some nights were rough as I was so tired from working all day and really wanted to get to bed. But now, as I sit here and write this, I find myself smiling.  I loved those late nights under the covers, the special time Shawn, the baby, and I had together. It was another phase, a tiring one but a good one nevertheless. 


019-1

016-1

Feeding: River is still exclusively breastfed which makes this working mama very, very proud. I have added an extra pumping session into my workday, around 1 pm, because I don't always get to nurse the baby as soon as I get home.  Sometimes he is napping, sometimes I am running late.  I decided to add that extra pump session to keep my milk supply up and to keep River's growing freezer stash demand up. I am currently pumping about twice the amount he actually needs which ensures that we will have milk in the freezer for quite some time.  I have a bowel of oatmeal for breakfast and drink lots of water throughout the day in order to keep my supply well maintained. River is currently nursing 6-7 times per day and has the sweetest baby rolls.  His thighs are the best!

047-1

Health: The amber teething necklace has really helped to subside River's teething symptoms. He is less fussy, less drooly.  He has been a healthy, happy boy this month and is packing on the pounds.

011-1

Milestones:  This month, River celebrated his first Christmas, rolled from his tummy to his back, and started reaching for objects that he wanted.  He recognizes voices and his face lights up when I walk into a room.  He passes objects from one hand to the other and bears weight on his legs.  We started putting him in his Exersaucer this month and he loves grabbing at all of the noisemakers and teething toys.

008-1

Personality:  River is an easy going baby.  He has the best laugh and the sweetest smile and we are all so in love with him. He loves to play on the floor with his sisters, listen to Daddy play guitar, and snuggle up with Mommy in the sling. He loves to give kisses and grab hair. Wearing earrings has become a distant memory for me as River is constantly grabbing everything and putting it all into his mouth. He sucks his thumb as soon as he gets tired and talks to himself and his blankie when he wakes up. Bath time is his favorite.  

You are the sweetest little buddy there ever was.  We are so blessed to know you and love you!


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Have you ever used a Medela Freestyle pump? If so, do you think it is a better, more efficient pump than Medela pump in style.