Monday, February 17, 2014

7/52

036-2

A portrait of my family, once a week, every week in 2014.

Valentine's Day 2014 was absolutely fantastic!  I reserved a babysitter, bought myself a new outfit, and tried to contain my excitement all day long at the thought of going on a real Valentine's Day date with my husband.  We gave the girls each a box of chocolates and watercolor paint sets before we got all dressed up for our night out.  They crowded into the bathroom with me as I shaved my legs, painted my lips red, and put on makeup for the first time in weeks.  Shawn let out an audible gasp when I walked out, the look on his face a gift in itself.  We escaped for a few hours to enjoy a candlelit sushi dinner complete with heart shaped balloons tied to the chairs and rose petals strewn all over every surface of the restaurant.  We talked and held hands and shared big plates of food and had the best time together. On the way home, we picked up a few movies and loads of junk food, greeting our excited little ones at the door.  Jammies on, blankets spread out in the living room, we spent the rest of the night snuggled up together. It was good to get out for a little while, good to be home all together.  I love Valentine's Day so much: a special day to slow down and say the things you don't always have the time to say.  I love you.

No comments: