Saturday, June 8, 2013

28 Weeks

I feel like the heat and humidity of summer really kicked in this week, leaving my
pregnant body hot and weary.  With Belle out of school, both girls are spending most of
their days home with Shawn this summer.  This means that I can wake up for work and
leave right away while everyone is still in bed, no little ones to get ready in the morning.
I've been using this luxury to its full advantage by getting started with my work day
super early: 7 am most days.  These early starts mean that I can make it home around 1
pm, before the heat of the day gets too overwhelming.  Most of my sweet little patients are
of the age where air conditioning is not a necessity despite the 90 degree Louisiana heat.
My hormones are left in an outrage as I sweat through my day, traveling from house to
house, smiling despite the fact that my uniform is soaked through and through.  No one
said being pregnant through the summer would be easy.
The consolation prize: I get home early and we all spend the afternoon in the swimming pool.
I float in the water with a big glass of tea while my growing baby kicks and squirms under
my meant-for-family-members'-eyes-only bikini.  I am so thankful to have these long
summer days together before little brother gets here: to rest and bond and enjoy this slow
time before things pick up in the fall.  
I've been eating great but sleeping terribly.  My appetite is not as ferocious as it was for
the first half of pregnancy and I crave cucumbers and cantaloupe on the daily.  I wake up
4-5 times a night and have been getting terrible leg cramps that wake both Shawn and I
up nightly.  He says he doesn't remember me having so much trouble sleeping when I
was pregnant for the girls, I say I'm too tired to remember that far back.  We both say that
this little boy is a night owl and these restless nights are just in preparation of what's to
come when he gets here.  But the infant stage, it is so short and fleeting in hindsight.  Who
cares about losing a little sleep when you have that snuggly little love all curled up by your side?
007-1 013-1 018 



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I don't understand the older population and their insistence that it's always cold no matter what the temperature. Is it a prerequisite that once you hit retirement age you have to knit a granny sweater not out of hobby but out of necessity? Jokes aside, I ask earnestly because you probably know the medical reason for this, and I need to know what my future will entail, ie moving to Florida or having a sauna installed in my bathroom, etc.

BTW, you are totally glowing. I bet floating around in the pool is such a relief to you right now. I can't imagine being due in the summer. Oh, and I love your shorts. :-)

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to go to see this web page,
because i wish for enjoyment, as this this web page conations
in fact good funny data too.

Also visit my web blog: kredyty bez bik malbork

marie said...

You look fabulous Liv!!

Those nights, I remember I would wake up and could not find sleep again. Plus the heartburn. And my baby boy could not stop moving. I was glad the morning came, even if I was exhausted.

Glad to see you all smiling and enjoying the summer. You are a beautiful family!
Much love.