Thursday, December 13, 2012

Currently


Currently...
010 012 

Catching up...on blogging.  I've been such a slacker lately, I have so many posts in 
my draft folder that I really need to finish up and publish.  I miss writing and taking 
photos and being intentional about capturing memories.  One such memory I am catching 
up on: The Breaking Dawn midnight movie premiere that my girlfriends AKA The 
Nerd Herd attended last month.  5 movies and almost 4 years later and oh what fun we 
have had: waiting in lines that got longer as the series progressed, giggling like 
adolescents, enjoying the whole experience and the anticipation leading up to it.  I feel 
so blessed to have an amazing group of girlfriends, even more blessed that we never 
take ourselves too seriously and support each other's ridiculous obsessions.  This year, 
we did the movie premier big: my girlfriend, Shannon, rented out the birthday party room 
at the movie theater!  Taking it to the next level my friends!  We had hors 
d'oeuvres, reserved seating, and were ushered in without having to wait in line!  We 
were able to spend a few hours together before the movie just spending time together 
and enjoying a night out.  The movie was awful and cheesy (to be expected) but I loved 
it.  I'm a sucker for vampires, epic love stories, and pop culture phenomenons, what can 
I say?  
Reading..."The Passage" by Justin Cronin.  It involves two of my favorite things:
vampires and the end of civilization.  Apparently I've become on of those people who
is obsessed with end of the world scenarios.  This one, about a government experiment
gone wrong (go figure), is quite the page turner and makes me a little scared to take
the trash out after dark.
Listening too...
"What The Water Gave Me" by Florence and the Machine
"Rosemary" by Deftones
"Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons
Cooking... this fudge recipe.  Only three ingredients and about 5 minutes of work?
Yes please!!  This is a super yummy recipe that my family demolished in half a day.  I plan
to add some of this deliciousness into my next batch of brownies. 
Linking...
Thank you to Charlie for introducing me to my kindred spirit.  I will never be the 
same again.
This video made me laugh at myself and my Instagram shenanigans.  "I'm so hellbent
on documenting!!!".
I love this post on staying in the picture.
I Heart Organizing is a Type A personality's piece of internet heaven.  I reference
it constantly.  This post on Christmas decoration organization: genius.

P.S. Thank you for your amazing words regarding my last post.  Shawn and I read
every single comment, every email.  We love you and thank you for your encouragement. 

HK


Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

Deanna Fike said...

imagine dragons and atlas genius are going to be in altanta next month. peppy and i reeeeaaallly want to go! :)

Randalin said...

The fact that you guys rented out the birthday party room assures me that you definitely live up to the 'nerd herd' name. Haha - I'm teasing. It's hilarious and awesome.